Mobile technology has taken over the world by storm and has changed the way we buy and sell. Smartphones have changed the way we work and socialize and now it has even invaded out wallets. A huge population, irrespective of their age, sex, language, social or economic status, now owns a smart phone.
The Internet and wave of smartphones has transformed the mobile shopping experience and e-commerce is a preferred alternative to physical stores. Mobile commerce transactions topped $115 billion in 2015 and are expected to climb to $142 billion in 2016, according to a new report from Forrester Research for the US market. A large group of people fall in the segment of mobile shoppers and the number is only adding up due to the advantages attached to shopping through your smart devices.
Being physically present in brick and mortar store to shop for your needs is a thing of the past. With these internet enabled handy devices at our disposal, we no longer need to step into a store to buy the stuff we need. What are the top 8 reasons why consumers prefer to shop via mobile?
- Smartphone users are spoilt for choice, they have multiple shopping apps to choose from. There are endless products in various categories available literally at your fingertips. Users can shop anytime without having to visit the store.
- Users can compare products, features and prices across multiple shopping apps and get their desired product at the best price. If any given product is unavailable they can set alerts when it is restocked. Users can filter products depending upon their choice, budget, and brand or under any other category.
- Buyers can check product updates/ ratings, user reviews, specifications and other feedback on the app. User reviews help buyers narrow down on a product when there is a comparison between products with tall claims.
- Shopping through apps is not bound by time or place, buyers can shop while at work or home during anytime of the day, without taking a day off from work or leaving any other engagement. All the need is an internet enabled smartphone.
- E-commerce apps offer features like cash on delivery, same day delivery and easy returns and exchange policy that make shopping through these apps effortless and manageable.
- E-commerce apps come up with discount sales, freebies and other shopping incentives that lure the buyers to buy though apps.
- Smartphones are now loaded with advanced tools and features. When visiting a store buyers use their smart phones to scan bar codes and QR codes to find the best online deal available on the product of their choice thus buying the desired product at the best available deal.
- Apps are now using mobile analytics and engagement platforms to understand their users better, this ensures that users get a personalized experience when shopping through their smart devices.
The future of mobile shopping will continue to grow, allowing small retailers to compete with large retailers and giving consumers even more options to choose from.