Email marketing automation refers to the set of email-specific marketing automation tools used to make repetitive processes and actions as automatic as possible.
What is Email Marketing Automation?
Email marketing automation is a series of software tools that automatically send out personalized emails for your mobile marketing campaigns. These tools allow you to set up:
- Automated email nurture drips: sending a series of pre-written, pre-sequenced email campaigns to a user
- Triggered email campaigns: emails that are sent once they’re triggered by a user action such as downloading a resource or signing up for a mailing list
Three Benefits of Using Email Marketing Automation
While any automation is better than none at all (especially when it comes to time-intensive, often repetitive tasks), there are distinct benefits to using email automation tools.
- Scalable: You can nurture as many prospects as your email system can handle over a period of time.
- Automatic: There’s little need to oversee the process since it works on its own once activated.
- Customizable: You can carefully plan out a detailed sequence of emails designed to lead toward conversion, or you can keep the email sequence as simple as a one message thank you. The point is, it’s adaptable to your needs.
Email Marketing Automation: How Best to Use It
What are some ways to use email automation tools to send out sequences? Here are just some ideas:
- Educate users on a topic: Send out a sequence using automation tools that will teach users about a topic, for example: how to segment your user list, or how to use Facebook retargeting.
- Onboard new users: Send out an email sequence that shows first-time users how to properly use your app.
- Sales follow up: Send a sequence of follow-up emails to a prospect going through the sales process to ask for technical details, or simply to offer up new information about your app.
- Upsell emails: Use automation tools to help upsell or cross-sell to your champion users.
Read More About Email Marketing Automation